Foster a love for our watershed at home! On this page you will find activity pages and ideas for hands-on activities to do at home, in your neighborhood, and around your community. Materials are provided in both English and Spanish whenever possible.
- Build A Watershed: Using materials found around your home build a watershed to explore how water moves through the landscape. For a smaller project, use a cookie sheet, newspaper, and trash bag to build your watershed.
- Water Cycle in 3 Simple Steps: Use a cup, shaving cream, and food coloring to see the water cycle in action: evaporation, condensation, and precipitation.
- Make a Rain Gauge: How much water do plants and gardens need to survive? Turn a 2-litter bottle (or any container) into a rain gauge to measure precipitation amounts.
- Erosion in a Bottle: See how plants help keep our waterways clean.
- Build a Terrarium: Watch your beautiful indoor terrarium thrive as water is reused over and over in this closed system.
- Play Hide and Seek with Pollution: How do you identify pollution? What types of materials can pollute our environment?